Friday, April 23, 2010

Grasslands I

FF
I have been amazed at all the strange little creatures who clamber, spring, vault, rocket, dive or just hitch a ride on my shirt sleeve as I explore the grasslands. I use a pair of canvas gators now, as I quickly tired of trying to pinch and pluck the small grass seeds that seem to be magnetically attracted to my socks. It is surprising how annoying such a small sliver of plant can become and how adapt they are to getting into the most private of places.
FF
FF
Acropteris striataria
Ff

FF
Antlion Myrmeleontidae sp.
FF

Ff
Banded Antlion
Glenoleon pulchellus
FF
FF FF
Common Brown Antlion Myrmeleon pictifrons
FF
FF
Giant Green Slantface Acrida conica
FF
FF
Green Lacewing Italochrysa insignis
FF
FF
Leaf Beetle Chrysomelidae sp.
ff
FF
Northern Ringtail Austrolestes insularis
FF
ff
Robber Fly Asilinae sp.
FF
FF
Stink Bug Pentatomidae sp.
FF
FF
Tube Spittle Bug Machaerota pugionata Stal
FF
FF

No comments: