Saturday, September 19, 2009

Buffalo Creeking Again

FF
Walking through the quiet corridor between the mangrove and vine forest I came across the Caesalpinia bonduc seedpods. I recognised them as the seeds used by a local Great Bowerbird to line some of his bower. Not surprising when I read that the seeds remain vital for many years. The last thing you would want in your bower is rotting seeds.
FF
Caesalpinia bonduc
FF

FF
I have also watched the Kapok Tree flower and now shed its bags of down like fibre which almost reminded me of the snow country the way the fluff collected on the floor beneath several of the trees.
FF
Kapok Tree Bombax ceiba var leicarpum
FF

FF
I also saw swarms of elegant dragonflies.
FF
Slender Skimmer Orthetrum sabina
FF
FF
Blue Skimmer Orthetrum caledonicum
FF

FF

No comments: